24 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Quitting Your Job to Pursue Your Passion
Perhaps you are unfulfilled in your day job. Maybe you have had this nagging idea about your own side business that just won’t go away. Maybe you’ve even started working on an inspired idea, but you are not sure how to really make it profitable.
If you can relate with any of these, it sounds like you might be ready to start your own passion project. This can be an exciting time, but before you quit your job, take the leap, and go full force into your passion project, there are a few things you need to do in order to set yourself up for success.
Follow these six steps before starting any type of passion project:
1. Evaluate Your Passions and Skillset
Assuming you already have a clear idea about what your passion project or business is going to be, write three lists:
- List your current skills and talents.
- List what you are most passionate about.
- List all the skills you will need to be successful in your endeavor.
Then, take the time to evaluate and compare these three lists. Answer the following questions:
- How do your passions and your skills align?
- What skills do you already have that will support your success?
- What skills do you need to brush up on, and how can you start today?
- What skills are actually your weakest areas, and how can you outsource them?
2. Specify and Align with Your Market
This is always a hard one at first. It’s easy to feel like everyone is your possible target audience, but if you talk to everyone, you end up talking to no one. Products and services are made for specific people to solve their specific problems or enhance their lives. You must determine who will care about your passion project by determining who specifically will resonate with you and benefit from your product or service the most.
To help clarify this for yourself, answer these questions:
- Who is your target market?
- What does your market want that you also want to excel in?
- Are you willing to become a master in what your audience wants?
3. Honor Your Needs
Before starting your passion project, you must determine and honor what your needs are. Following your passion and purpose is a worthy journey, but it is not always going to be easy. When you know specifically what you need out of your passion project and …read more
Source: Deepak Chopra